Wednesday 30 May 2007

McCann's at Papal Audience

Kate and Gerry McCann are in Rome for the Wednesday audience Papa Beni gives. It was beleived the Holy Father would mention Madeleine in his English address but he did not-so it seems he may mention her at some other point in the day.



I've seen some rather uncharitable things written about this family on another blog site. It has been pointed out that they left the children unattended. Yes, they did and yes, that was very stupid-but dear heaven they are paying an appalling price aren't they?

It has also been said that are not Catholic enough because apparently their children were conceived through IVF. I don;t know if this is true-it might be-but it seems that whether it is true or not, they are trying to be faithful now. Mr McCann has openly admitted that he was not that involved in his faith and has turned to it now.

Most of us have things in our past's I would guess that would make us less than holy Catholics-but we have the beautiful gift of the Sacrament of Confession, God's forgiveness and mercy.

The McCann's are suffering terribly and they continue to have my prayers. I have a 4 yr old and cannot bare to think of being without him.

I saw them meet the Holy Father on EWTN. I know he will pray for them and little Madeleine.

No comments: